Tuesday 16 August 2016

Prayers to the Roman Gods: Diana

I really need to try harder to update as soon as I get these done.  Anyway, here's the noble huntress and lady of the moon herself, Diana, better known as Artemis!




Diana, glorious hunter,
Woods-woman of wonder,
I desire skill like Robin’s with the bow,
That my arrows without error shall go.
I aim to track and seek out my quarry
No matter how cunning the creature may be.
I wish for an owl’s gift of sight
So that I may hunt in the moonlight.
Oh Lady Diana, lunar maiden,
I ask for your aid, these arts to ken,
And I offer to you with my praise
The results of my hunt and chase.

Diana, venatrix gloriosa,
Femina mira silvae,
Artem sicut heros Loxleii opto
Sine errore apud intervallum sagittare.
Bestia indagare et aucupare consequor
Quam vafrissimus non refert.
Tuor nocturnus bubonis volo
Sic sub luna vener.
O Domna Diana, dea lunaris,
Suppetiam bona haec potiri quaeso,
Et ad te in reditum do
Proventus venationis ut sacrificium.

No comments:

Post a Comment