Monday 15 February 2016

Prayers to the Roman Gods: Minerva

I'd say that Minerva was one of my favourite gods, but given that last time the gods had a popularity contest a war started...




Minerva, goddess of wisdom,
Great fighting ace and bearer of useful arts,
Grant me a portion of divine sagacity,
The cunning I need to fight my battles.
Let me know what I seek to learn,
Such knowledge as a mortal may possess.
Oh Pallas Minerva,
Wise warrior goddess,
I pledge to use your gifts justly and honourably,
And to pledge the fruits of my wisdom to you.

Minerva, dea sophiae,
Bellatrix magna et gerula artorum utilitum,
Partem sagacitatis divinae annue,
Versutia pugnas bellare indigeo.
Res discere quaero scire sine,
Scientia talis tenus mortalibus tenebunt.
O Minerva Pallas,
dea armifera cata,
dona tua utor iuste honorateque auctoro,
Et fructus sophiae ad tu uti.

No comments:

Post a Comment