Thursday 4 February 2016

Prayers to the Roman Gods: Tellus

No, I haven't forgotten about these.  I've just been busy, is all.




Tellus, Mother Earth,
Patron of nature and of its worth;
I come to you in purity,
Not to demand but to seek,
To pray for your wisdom
Oft neglected by Man.
I wish only to give you aid
In undoing the damage laid
By those as yet unwise
To the soil, waters, and skies.
Oh Tellus, Mother Nature,
Guardian of all grounds yet uncultured,
I thank you for your every blessing
And promise their increase by sharing.

Tellus, Terra Mater,
Patrona naturae et viae suae;
Ad te in sanctitatem venio,
Nonposcere autem rogare,
Pro prudentia tua precari
Istam Homo derelinquevit.
Auxiliare consector
refectionis calamitatis causa
Istam nonsapiens
Ad elementa faciverant.
O Tellus, Natura Mater,
Curatrix terrae aviae,
Pro donis gratis vobis
Et cum omnibus cosentire devoveo.

No comments:

Post a Comment