Tuesday 4 August 2015

Prayers to the Roman Gods: Venus

I think this will probably be one of the most difficult ones - her area of influence isn't exactly one of my main interests, after all.  Still, I think I did a fair job of it.




Celestial Venus, Lady of Love,
Grant me success in pursuing my desire.
As a rose is red and a violet is blue,
So I ask that my lover be true.
In the battlefields of love,
May I win the victories I deserve,
And may I find many long years
Of happiness with the one I love.
Oh Venus, I implore and entreat you,
That love may well take root.

Venus Caelestis, Domina Amoris,
Secunda in libidinem persectari indulge.
Sicut rosa rubra est et viola caerulea est,
Sic amans fidelis erit oro.
In agri amoris,
victorias mereor adquiram,
Et anni longi multi offendam
Beati cum unam amo.
O Venus, tu imploro et precor,
Sic amor comprendebit belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment